Wednesday, July 11, 2012

toddler snacks: sweet potato tempters

I am at the age where Harry can go off like a bomb with very little warning. It make me nervous. Harry is a very placid child, but when I see that twitch in his eye, the one that says 'mum, you've only got minutes' I need pay attention, and I need to diffuse.

These are the sort of snacks I carry around to diffuse. I don't leave home without them.

Ingredients 

1/2 a small sweet potato (or try butternut pumpkin)
1 tbs butter, melted
1 tbs pure maple syrup
1/2 fps ground cinnamon

Method 

1/ Preheat your oven to 180oC

2/ Combine the maple syrup, butter and cinnamon in a bowl

3/ Place the sweet potato fingers on a tray lined with baking paper. Paste each finger with the maple syrup mixture

4/ Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden


No comments:

Post a Comment