Sunday, July 1, 2012

omg potato bake

Last night Henry called me and asked what was for dinner. I said OMG creamy potato bake, he sounded disappointed. We had something called OMG chicken the other night, and he liked it, but said it wasn't OMG. I'll show him I thought.

He ate so much of the potato bake that I didn't have time to take a nice picture of the inside, I just got a quick one straight out of the oven. 

It is OMG delicious.

Ingredients

1 cup of thickened cream 
2/3 cup of milk
1 medium garlic clove, peeled and crushed
1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced 
6 desiree potatoes, thinly sliced (3-4mm use a mandolin if you have one) 
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced 
1 cup, firmly packed grated cheese
Salt and pepper 

Method 


Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 fan forced)

1/ Stir cream, milk, onion and garlic together in a bowl

2/ Peel potatoes (I chose not to -  I am lazy I like the texture) and slice. Layer the potato slices, seasoning with salt and pepper between the layers, in a baking dish. Place the zucchini as the second layer



3/ Pour the cream mixture over the top and cover with baking paper and aluminium foil. Bake for 1hour and 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender


4/ Increase oven temperature to 220 degrees (200 fan forced). Remove the baking paper and foil, sprinkle potato with grated cheese. Bake for a further 20 minutes 

5/ Allow the potato bake to stand for 10 minutes before serving to let the sauce completely thicken


I served this with steamed broccoli and pan fried salmon. Was fab. 















No comments:

Post a Comment