Sunday, October 30, 2011

banana date and rolled oat cookie

I tried the no sugar thing a while back, and by about 2pm I had a pounding headache and the shakes. The diet lasted about a day and then I would be whipping out the shortbread recipe, icing a chocolate slice or rolling out a ridiculously fattening cookie dough. I searched for the perfect mix of good meets bad. And then I found these. Enjoy.

Ingredients 

125g butter, softened
1tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 cup brown sugar
1egg yolk
1/3 cup mashed banana
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup finely chopped dried dates
½ cup rolled oats extra
4 dried dates extra (chopped)

Method 

1/ Preheat oven to 180 and line 2 trays with baking paper

2/ Beat butter, sugar, rind and egg yolk in a bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in banana, sifted flour, soda, oats and dates

3/ Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls and roll each one into extra oats then place on trays 5cm apart

4/ Press a piece of coarsely chopped date into the centre of each ball. Bake about 15mins and then leave to cool on trays


No comments:

Post a Comment