I am completely inspired to build my own little veggie patch, and despite living in an apartment, it will happen. So watch this space. In the meantime I have sourced some beautiful fresh local ingredients to make this frittata, so it is literally bursting with flavour and we all really enjoyed it for lunch. Harry is quite used to strong flavours such as thyme, garlic and parsley so he really enjoyed this - If your little one is new to herbs I would reduce the amount by half.
Ingredients
Ingredients
1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp tbs fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
5 large organic eggs
1 tbs milk
1/4 cup fetta, crumbed (optional)
1/2 cup cheese, grated
1 tbs olive oil
Method
1/ Chop the tomatoes, and toss in the feta and herbs to coat.
2/ Hand whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the milk and stir in the tomato mixture.
3/ Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in an oven proof nonstick skillet or frypan. Pour in the egg mixture. Tilt the pan to distribute the eggs evenly over the surface. Continue to tilt and shake the pan to form a good base. Once a few layers of egg have cooked, turn the heat down to low and cover the pan (I used a pizza pan as I didn't have a lid) Cook for about 8 minutes, shaking the pan gently every once in a while.
4/ While you are waiting, heat the griller. Once the eggs have just about set remove from the heat, uncover the pan and sprinkle with the cheese. Place under the grill for around 3 minutes, watching carefully to make sure the top doesn’t burn.

No comments:
Post a Comment