The other day I lingered a little too long over coffee and a very juicy story with a friend. I needed some baby food fast, so I bought one of those organic Raffety's packets. Harry was delighted and gobbled it up faster than anything I have cooked for him. Hmm, how convenient. Ever determined to match this devil packet stuff, I laboured over a hot stove, and three puree's later, I matched the packet mix perfectly. Ha, I win.
Tropical Baby Puree
Ingredients
2 over ripe pears, cored, peeled, chopped
3/4 cup water
1 mango, cored, peeled, flesh sliced off
1 ripe banana, peeled, sliced
Method
1/ Bring the chopped pear to the boil in 3/4 cup of water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until soft
2/ Add pear (including the juice/water) to the mango and banana, process together until almost liquid consistency, or as your baby prefers (add extra water if needed)

I kept some refrigerated to serve over the next few days, and froze some. Harry loves this on its own or mixed with baby porridge. It's also a great way to help introduce new foods, I added a bit to some puree carrot this afternoon and it went down a treat.
Tropical Baby Puree
Ingredients
2 over ripe pears, cored, peeled, chopped
3/4 cup water
1 mango, cored, peeled, flesh sliced off
1 ripe banana, peeled, sliced
Method
1/ Bring the chopped pear to the boil in 3/4 cup of water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until soft
2/ Add pear (including the juice/water) to the mango and banana, process together until almost liquid consistency, or as your baby prefers (add extra water if needed)

I kept some refrigerated to serve over the next few days, and froze some. Harry loves this on its own or mixed with baby porridge. It's also a great way to help introduce new foods, I added a bit to some puree carrot this afternoon and it went down a treat.

No comments:
Post a Comment