Monday, December 26, 2011

potato salad


On Christmas day I am responsible for the potato salad. Each year I do the same old boring thing, boil, mayo, peas, done. This year I decided to try something slightly different, a risk I know, but I think it was really delicious. 

Ingredients 

  • 3kg desiree potatoes
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
  • 1 tbs Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced


Method 


1/ Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into halves or quarters.


2/ Use a fork to whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.



3/ Place the potatoes and green shallot in a large serving bowl. Spoon dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss until potatoes are well coated in dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment