This was Harry's first try at something purely savoury. At first he wasn't sure but after a few mouthfuls he was really into it. If your bub isn't into it try adding a bit of pear or apple and slowly reduce the amount over time.
Ingredients
1tbs olive oil
1 carrot, grated
1 celery stalk, diced
1/4 leek, sliced
1 clove garlic, roasted (optional, I didn't include I will wait till Harry is a bit older)
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup cooked chicken thigh (I poached)
1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup cooked brown rice (optional - for older babies)
Method
1/ In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil, sauté carrot, celery, leek, (and garlic) cook for 5 minutes until soft.
2/ Add potatoes and chicken stock. Add the water until it just covers the veggies.
3/ Cover and simmer for around 20 minutes, until the potatoes are soft, add the cooked chicken and heat.
4/ Puree to a smooth consistency. As Harry gets older I will blend less and less so he gets used to the chunkier food and add carbs such as rice.
Ingredients
1tbs olive oil
1 carrot, grated
1 celery stalk, diced
1/4 leek, sliced
1 clove garlic, roasted (optional, I didn't include I will wait till Harry is a bit older)
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup cooked chicken thigh (I poached)
1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup cooked brown rice (optional - for older babies)
Method
1/ In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil, sauté carrot, celery, leek, (and garlic) cook for 5 minutes until soft.
2/ Add potatoes and chicken stock. Add the water until it just covers the veggies.
3/ Cover and simmer for around 20 minutes, until the potatoes are soft, add the cooked chicken and heat.
4/ Puree to a smooth consistency. As Harry gets older I will blend less and less so he gets used to the chunkier food and add carbs such as rice.

No comments:
Post a Comment