This recipe is my Grandmothers, and very special to me. She would make it every single year and it was the highlight of Christmas lunch. Now my mum makes it, and everyone still eats it till they are sick. Last year I couldn't have any because I was pregnant, but Henry ate so much I had to give him a belly rub.
This year, it will be me needing the belly rub.
Christmas Chocolate Trifle
Ingredients
(Serves 6 - 8 with ice cream)
This year, it will be me needing the belly rub.
Christmas Chocolate Trifle
Ingredients
(Serves 6 - 8 with ice cream)
1/2 sponge Cake
1/4lb Butter (125g)
1/2lb Icing sugar (250g)
1/4lb dark cooking chocolate (125g)
2 tablespoons milk
3 eggs (separate yolk/whites)
Extra chocolate to sprinkle on top
Method
1/ Melt Butter and chocolate in basin on top of saucepan (of boiling water) add icing sugar and milk and dissolve
2/ Remove from heat and immediately fold in beaten egg yolks
3/ Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold into the mixture
4/ Pour over cut up sponge and decorate with whipped cream and blanched almonds, sprinkle chocolate on top

No comments:
Post a Comment