When Donna Hay started doing 'one pot' recipes I was in heaven. I have no patience for faffing around with too many pots, that's for those who wear hats while cooking and have people to wash up for them. The first time I made this I thought it was nice, but I have slightly altered it to improve. I'm not saying I am better than Donna Hay or anything.
But it is better. Just saying.
Ingredients
500g peeled green prawns (could also use fish or chicken)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1tsp cumin
1/2tsp chilli powder (or not)
3tbs olive oil
1 400g tin of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 cups cous cous
100g fetta
Pine nuts, toasted
Handful of parsley, chopped
1/2 a lemon
Method
1/ Heat oil in a large saucepan. Coat prawns in garlic, cumin, chilli and fry over high heat for a few minutes until cooked
2/ Add cous cous, tomato, stock, cover and simmer on low for 3-5 minutes until cous cous is cooked
3/ Mix through the lemon juice and parsley. Top with crumbled feta and toasted pine nuts
Adapted from Donna Hay Magazine issue 21 But the fetta, lemon, pine nuts are my idea

Made this for dinner tonight in around 10-15mins. So easy & it really is a taste sensation! Hubby has rated it better than the cous cous at our favourite mediterrean restaurant so that's saying something. The feta & lemon 'make' the dish, thanks Allie I will definitely make this dish again!!
ReplyDeleteLove it :) thanks Jade x
ReplyDelete