Wednesday, March 14, 2012

toddler food: home made hummus

I am a serious fan of hummus. I buy it almost every week and will happily smother it on everything. So when my friend Kara mentioned she makes her own, and posted the simplest recipe possible, I had to try it. And yes, it was easy, yes it tasted delicious, and there are so many variations you can try. I will never buy it again. Oh and I also gave some to Harry on a cruskit, and he absolutely loved it.

Here is the basic recipe, will add more as I try them. 

Ingredients 


  • 400g drained canned chickpeas
  • 3 tablespoons tahini (find it in the organic/healthfood section at the supermarket) 
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water (I used the chickpea water) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • Salt and cracked black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tbs chopped parsley (optional) 
Method

1/ Process the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper in a processor until combined

2/ Gradually pour the olive oil while blending, process until the mixture is smooth and fluffy  



No comments:

Post a Comment