Morning. This recipe is probably Harry's favourite at the moment. He has it for lunch or dinner with some grated cheese. I have tried it myself and think its seriously delicious, I am a huge leek fan though.
There is an option to make this a meat dish, it was really tasty with some premium beef mince or chicken. I have included this as an option below so you can have half vegetarian half meat.
Ingredients
1tbs butter
1/4 large leek, white part, finely sliced
2 cups sweet potato
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cauliflower, broken into florets
1/3 cup grated cheese
Optional
1 cup cooked mince or chicken
Method
1/ Heat butter in a fry pan and sauté the leek until soft
2/ Add the sweet potato, pour over the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes
3/ Add the cauliflower, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes
4/ Add cheese and puree mixture
Optional
5/ Halve the puree mixture and add mince or chicken to one half. Puree until you have desired consistency. Freeze two batches separately
There is an option to make this a meat dish, it was really tasty with some premium beef mince or chicken. I have included this as an option below so you can have half vegetarian half meat.
Ingredients
1tbs butter
1/4 large leek, white part, finely sliced
2 cups sweet potato
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cauliflower, broken into florets
1/3 cup grated cheese
Optional
1 cup cooked mince or chicken
Method
1/ Heat butter in a fry pan and sauté the leek until soft
2/ Add the sweet potato, pour over the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes
3/ Add the cauliflower, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes
4/ Add cheese and puree mixture
Optional
5/ Halve the puree mixture and add mince or chicken to one half. Puree until you have desired consistency. Freeze two batches separately

These recipes are just what I have been looking for! I love to cook for my 14 month old son but never seen to find EASY and yum healthy recipes. I just leave it chunky for him. Cooking this one now! Thank you from Alex in New Zealand :)
ReplyDeleteHi Alex,
DeleteThanks for you comment. This was Harry's favourite first puree, and as he grew up I used it as a base for many new recipes - so yummy. I hope your little man likes it.
Ax