I need a green food mix to add to some of my other dishes, I don't want Harry to get fussy about all things green. So this is the result of some testing, I think the corn was a nice sweetener, and I think Harry agrees.
Ingredients
1/4 leek, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup creamed corn
1 cup broccoli floretts
1/2 cup frozen peas
1tbs butter
1/4 cup apple puree (optional sweetener - I didn't need it)
Method
1/ Heat a saucepan and sautee leek in the butter until soft and fragrant
2/ Add all ingreedients (except apple) and cover. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, simmer for around 10 minutes or until the veggies are soft
3/ Add apple if desired, and puree together until you have desired consistency
Tip, I froze two batches, one with the puree on its own and the other with 1 cup of cooked rice mixed in.
Ingredients
1/4 leek, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup creamed corn
1 cup broccoli floretts
1/2 cup frozen peas
1tbs butter
1/4 cup apple puree (optional sweetener - I didn't need it)
Method
1/ Heat a saucepan and sautee leek in the butter until soft and fragrant
2/ Add all ingreedients (except apple) and cover. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, simmer for around 10 minutes or until the veggies are soft
3/ Add apple if desired, and puree together until you have desired consistency
Tip, I froze two batches, one with the puree on its own and the other with 1 cup of cooked rice mixed in.

No comments:
Post a Comment