Sunday, March 25, 2012

baby & toddler food: lentil and red veggie

I figured it was time to make Harry some lentils and see if he liked them. And I am pleased to say, despite the snotty nose and feral cold he is suffering at the moment, he ate it all. He even made Mmmm noises, and got upset when I stopped feeding to take the photo. It seems this carnivore is full of surprises... 

...or he just can't taste it properly.

Ingredients 

1 small leek (or onion), sliced finely 
1/2 small red capsicum
4 tbs water 
1 tomato, chopped 
3/4 tin organic lentils, drained 
1/2 sweet potato, peeled, diced 
1 cup vegetable stock 

Method 

1/ Heat the water in a large saucepan. Saute the leek and red capsicum for 5 minutes

2/ Add the sweet potato, tomato, lentils and stock, cover and leave for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is soft


3/ Puree until you have desired consistency and freeze in small portions





No comments:

Post a Comment