I was cleaning out the third drawer down in the kitchen, yeah you know the one, and I stumbled across a torn out piece of magazine with a dumpling recipe clipping. Hmm, dumplings eh? Just what I feel like. Well, sort of, I do feel like them, but also I have a whole bunch of wonton wrappers that are about to go off in the fridge. Can't be wasteful now can we?
Wish me luck.
Ingredients
100g scallop meat without roe, finely chopped
100g green prawn meat, finely chopped
2 green onions/shallots, thinly sliced
2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
1tsp tamari (I don't have any)
1tsp white sugar
1/2tsp sesame oil
16 wonton wrappers
Dipping sauce
1/2 cup Chinese red vinegar
3cm piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks
Method
1/ Combine scollop, prawn, green onion, ginger, tamari, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl
2/ To make dipping sauce, combine chinese vinegar and ginger in a small bowl, set aside
3/ Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface, Place 2 tsp of mixture in centre. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over filling to enclose and form a triangle. Bring two points of wrapper together and press to seal. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining scollop mixture and wrappers
4/ Cook dumplings in batches in boiling water, bringing water to boil between batches for 2-3 minutes or until filling is cooked and wrappers transparent
5/ Serve with dipping sauce
Adapted from Australian Good Food magazine 2011, with Kylie Kwong
What they're meant to look like
What mine looked like. Hmmm. They fell apart in the water. Where did I go wrong? So tasty though.
Wish me luck.
Ingredients
100g scallop meat without roe, finely chopped
100g green prawn meat, finely chopped
2 green onions/shallots, thinly sliced
2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
1tsp tamari (I don't have any)
1tsp white sugar
1/2tsp sesame oil
16 wonton wrappers
Dipping sauce
1/2 cup Chinese red vinegar
3cm piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks
Method
1/ Combine scollop, prawn, green onion, ginger, tamari, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl
2/ To make dipping sauce, combine chinese vinegar and ginger in a small bowl, set aside
3/ Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface, Place 2 tsp of mixture in centre. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over filling to enclose and form a triangle. Bring two points of wrapper together and press to seal. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining scollop mixture and wrappers
4/ Cook dumplings in batches in boiling water, bringing water to boil between batches for 2-3 minutes or until filling is cooked and wrappers transparent
5/ Serve with dipping sauce
Adapted from Australian Good Food magazine 2011, with Kylie Kwong
What they're meant to look like
What mine looked like. Hmmm. They fell apart in the water. Where did I go wrong? So tasty though.


No comments:
Post a Comment