Monday, January 9, 2012

mushy peas (and lamb chops)


  • I was watching Jamie Oliver the other day and he went on and on about these mushy peas. I have always wondered what they taste like, I think it's an English thing. So tonight I am trying mushy peas, and by the looks of the ingredients I think they are going to be delicious. 

  • Ingredients 
  • (serves 4)

  • 8 lamb chops (depending on apetite)  
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped 
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 1 brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
  • 3 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
  • 1/3 cup pouring cream
  • 1/3 cup vegetable stock
  • Salt & pepper

  • Method

  • 1/ Place lamb in a bowl, marinate in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper

  • 2/ Heat grill, cook lamb for 7 minutes, turn and cook the other side for 7 minutes or until cooked to your liking 

  • 3/ Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until slightly golden. 

  • 4/ Add the peas, cream and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Use a potato masher or fork to mash slightly. Season with salt and pepper

  • 5/ Divide the peas onto four plates and top with juicy lamb

Adapted from Woolworths "Good Taste" Magazine June 2005 Issue 



  •   Pretty green food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment