Sunday, January 15, 2012

baby food: veggie beef and rice

I need to get moving on making a few more meals for Harry. He seems to be demolishing food faster than I can make it. He is on three big meals a day now and sometimes an extra one if he is up early. The other day I swear he ate more than me. Anyway, this went down really well, my first attempt at a beef dish. I didn't puree quite as much as normal, so he is starting to get used to the lumpier texture.

Ingredients 


250g premium beef mince
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
2 carrot, peeled and diced
1 small can of corn (or use fresh corn)
1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 zucchini, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups premium salt reduced vegetable stock
1 tomato, diced
1tbs tomato paste
1 tbs olive oil


Method


1/ Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Saute the onions until clear. Add the beef mince and cook through

2/ Add the vegetables, tomato paste and chicken stock, cover and leave for 15 minutes or until veggies are soft (add more liquid if needed)

3/ Stir through the rice. Puree until you have desired consistency



No comments:

Post a Comment