To see this recipe at our new updated blog click here. Or, join us at the One Handed Cooks Facebook Page for more great recipes.
Every day Harry is more and more interested in using his hands to eat his dinner, which isn't ideal when I am feeding a mashy dish. This one was spur of the moment and turned out really well, Harry literally licked the highchair tray clean. I used an organic brown pasta which was so beautiful, but any old pasta will do.
I think this would also work really well with some added onion, chicken or tuna.
Ingredients
(makes 2 serves)
1 tsp margarine/butter
1/4 cup grated zucchini
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 cup cooked pasta spirals
Method
1/ Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the grated zucchini and sauté for a few minutes. Add the peas and cook until warm.
2/ Add the pasta and stir through the cheese. Once melted remove from heat
3/ Allow to cool just enough so the cheese binds it all together. You can then mash and spoon feed for younger babies or let the older ones feed themselves
Every day Harry is more and more interested in using his hands to eat his dinner, which isn't ideal when I am feeding a mashy dish. This one was spur of the moment and turned out really well, Harry literally licked the highchair tray clean. I used an organic brown pasta which was so beautiful, but any old pasta will do.
I think this would also work really well with some added onion, chicken or tuna.
Ingredients
(makes 2 serves)
1 tsp margarine/butter
1/4 cup grated zucchini
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 cup cooked pasta spirals
Method
1/ Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the grated zucchini and sauté for a few minutes. Add the peas and cook until warm.
2/ Add the pasta and stir through the cheese. Once melted remove from heat
3/ Allow to cool just enough so the cheese binds it all together. You can then mash and spoon feed for younger babies or let the older ones feed themselves

Definitely going to try this one. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try this tonight! :) Thanks!
ReplyDelete