Tuesday, October 25, 2011

easy peasy chocolate cupcakes

During pregnancy I went wild for sweets, namely cream, cream buns, sponge cake, tarts, oh my. I would often dream about burying my face in a cake piled with cream. Anyway... post pregnancy I am still a nutter for all things sweet. Thank god I am breastfeeding or I would surely be a whale. These little beauties are todays special treat, my tip? Mix the mixture till it is super creamy, that seems to keep the cupcakes really light and fluffy. YUM.

Ingredients

175g self raising flour
175g butter
2 eggs
175g caster sugar
20g cocoa

Icing

2tbs cocoa
60g butter
1 1/2 cups icing sugar

Method

1/ preheat the oven to 200, and prepare a muffin tray (I find using cupcake wrappers is really helpful and saves greasing)





2/ Beat butter and sugar for about 3 minutes on medium. Mixture should be light and fluffy. Gradually add eggs. 























3/ Sift in the flour and cocoa, mix till just combined.

4/ Spoon mixture into the tray, fill about 3/4.



5/ Cook for 20 minutes or until the cupcake springs back when you poke it.

6/ leave to cool before icing.


















Icing

1/ Soften the butter.

2/ Beat together all ingredients for 3 minutes on medium.




No comments:

Post a Comment