Thursday, October 27, 2011

coconut macaroons with choc chips

This is the perfect recipe when you suddenly realise you were meant to 'bring something' to a gathering. It is literally two-step mix and bake. Every time I make it people ask for the recipe, and I shyly hand it over, knowing they will now see how easy it was and what little effort I went to.

Enjoy. Oh and just so you know, I triple the chocolate... because I am a rule breaker.

Ingredients

2 cups desiccated coconut 
1/2 cup caster sugar 
3 egg whites 
1/3 cup choc chips (or more) 

Method 

1/ Preheat the oven to 180. Line a baking tray with baking paper. 

2/ Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. 

3/ Roll into balls and place on the tray, bake for about 10-25 minutes, or until lightly golden. 

Recipe adapted from taste.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment